As healthcare organizations continue to grow and expand their services, so does the probability that medical errors and patient safety events might occur.
To safeguard from issues that might arise from continued progress, it is critical that organizations invest in tools designed to minimize risk, evaluate potential obstacles, and implement strategies for identifying and rectifying oversights.
Datix Cloud IQ presents healthcare organizations with a comprehensive system for resolving issues and preventing similar incidents from occurring in the future. Through a five-step strategy toolkit, Datix Cloud IQ ensures that organizations not only fix errors, but also memorize all contributing factors of an incident for future evaluation.
The Five Toolkits
Designed to be operated through a continuous cycle, the strategy toolkit employed by Datix Cloud IQ uses five steps to ensure constant operational improvement.
- Capture: This initial step allows organizations to gather pertinent information regarding incidents such as patient feedback, claims, and mortality review. The information collected through this step is uploaded to a shared database through the use of the Datix Anywhere app, which allows information to be uploaded easily and simply from smartphones and other mobile devices.
- Evaluate: Information gathered through the first step in this process is then evaluated to uncover possible contributing factors. Recommendations for preventing similar issues in the future are then presented and documented.
- Strategy: This stage of the toolkit analyzes recommendations in order to create strategies for improvement, which are then moved forward for implementation.
- Implement: It is during this stage in the Datix Cloud IQ toolkit that change is implemented and ingrained in the memory of the organization. Additionally, this step allows for tasks to be assigned to improve strategies and provides a complete update of all guidelines and policies to reflect this change.
- Assess: Finally, strategies identified throughout the first four stages are measured to ensure their effectiveness and that staff follow them accurately. Any new information uncovered during this final stage is fed back into the toolkit for further evaluation.
Organizations are, in many ways, alive – their parts are constantly moving and evolving to reach new goals and accomplish new tasks. Just like the movements of a living organism, progress made by organizations is subject to the occasional fault or misstep. It is not these faults that define the successes and failures of an organization, but rather the means by which faults are recognized, catalogued, and resolved. Through Datix Cloud IQ, healthcare organizations can greatly improve problem-solving strategies and ensure that their footing moving forward remain as true as possible.